A healthy, safe alternative.
The Funny Thing about Artificial Sweeteners . . .
(and it won’t make you laugh)
What many people don’t realize about artificial sweeteners is that they don’t help you lose weight! They actually feed or catalyze your sweet tooth, making you crave MORE sugar rather than less. There is also evidence that they slow down digestion and increase appetite. Sucralose, which is found in many sweeteners, including Splenda, has been linked to accelerating or causing migraines, mood and sleep disturbances, dizziness, fuzzy thinking, and an inability to concentrate. Sweeteners such as aspartame, found in Nutrasweet and Equal, can also create a fun little thing called “excititoxicity,” which stimulates the brain in less than positive ways, and can also lead to neurological and endocrine problems and can even be addictive.
TheraSweet™ . . . Minimizing the Negative, Maximizing the Positive
TheraSweet™ was designed to be a safe and healthy alternative to the artificial sweeteners on the market today. It tastes and looks like sugar, but without any of the bitter aftertaste of conventional sweeteners. And unlike other artificial sweeteners, ours is completely natural. Xylitol, the essential ingredient in TheraSweet™, is not derived from synthetic sources, i.e. made in a laboratory. We get ours from organic sources—fruits, vegetables, and hardwood trees. Tagatose, the second largest ingredient in TheraSweet™, is derived from natural sources as well—yogurt, cheeses, and fruit. But it is the other therapeutic, health-promoting benefits of TheraSweet™ that make our product a truly radical alternative:
· Xylitol has a small glycemic index, but it is still 20 times less than sugar. It is being used all over the world as a safe choice for diabetics.
· Tagatose is a low-calorie sweetener which, unlike most substitute sweeteners, withstands the heat of baking without breaking down, and it browns like sugar.
· We’ve included probiotics, which help the body in the following ways:
1. The manufacture of essential vitamins B-1, B-2, B-6, B-12, niacin, folacin, and pantothenic acid, and in synthesizing enzymes that increase the digestibility of protein
2. Improving bowel function by enhancing intestinal peristalsis
3. Modulating the immune system, increasing the production of antibodies, and mobilizing macrophages, lymphocytes, and other cells of the immune system
4. Inhibiting pathogenic organisms in the urogenital tract and the intestine by competing for nutrients and creating a barrier which stops pathogens from adhering to epithelial cells
5. Producing antibacterial substances, such as bacteriocins, and
6. Lowering intestinal pH by the production of lactic acid, creating an environment unsuitable for pathogens.
· We’ve also added glycine, an amino acid found in the protein of all life forms. Glycine is required for the maintenance of the central nervous system and is an important neuroinhibitor (brain relaxant). It also plays an important role in the immune system, where it is used in the synthesis of other non-essential amino acids. Glycine is also a constituent of a vital bile acid, and together with cysteine and glutamic acid, makes up glutathione—a major liver detoxifier and a quencher of free-radicals.