Adreno-Mend, provided by Douglas Laboratories, is a synergistic combination of ten highly valued herbal extracts with adaptogenic properties designed to support healthy, balanced adrenal gland function. These plant adaptogens include Schisandra chinensis, Bacopa monnieri, Rhodiola rosea, Eleutherococcus senticosus, Magnolia officinalis, Rhemannia glutinosa, Bupleurum falcatum, Panax ginseng, Coleus forskohlii and Withania sominfera.
AdrenoMend™ is a Hormone Specific Formulation™ of ten highly valued herbal extracts with adaptogenic
properties designed to support healthy, balanced adrenal gland function.† This formula is designed to promote
optimal function of homeostasis regulatory systems that work with the adrenal glands to maintain optimal
physiological function during both acute and chronic stress.†
The response to chronic stress - first defined as occurring in three stages by Hans Selye as alarm, resistance
and exhaustion - typically results in aberrant adrenal function and adrenal fatigue, as well as abnormal
cognitive, metabolic, energy, endurance, immune and glycemic function. The consequences of intermittent
stress, or episodic acute stress during resistance or exhaustion, interfere with recovery and also promote
abnormal neuro-endocrine, metabolic and immune system function.
The plant adaptogens in AdrenoMend™ effectively address all stages of both acute and chronic stress,
support the body’s ability to adapt to stressors and help avoid the damaging consequences from those
stressors. Collectively, plant adaptogens can support symptoms of fatigue and enhance endurance as well as
support normal mental and emotional well being. Plant adaptogens also can increase the body’s ability to
resist and recover from stress while providing an overall feeling of balance and normalization. †
During acute stress, and the alarm stage of stress, Rhodiola rosea, Schizandra chinensis, Bacopa monnieri,
and Eleutherococcus senticosus can support mental performance and physical working capacity, as well as
promote the balanced response of the sympatho-adrenal-system (SAS) to the body’s acute reaction to a
stressor. During the resistance stage, Withania somnifera and Coleus forskohlii are able to support the normal
thyroid and gonadal function. In the exhaustion stage, the Rehmannia glutinosa, Bupleurum falcatum and
Withania somnifera act as primary agents to restore proper function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal
(HPA) axis and work synergistically with other plant adaptogens to support normal function of other body
systems. Adaptogens with adrenotrophic properties may also decrease adrenal atrophy seen in the
exhaustion stage of chronic stress.
The increased cortisol levels seen in various stages of stress are modulated by Schizandra chinensis and
Magnolia officinalis. Rehmannia glutinosa can help restore normal function of glucocorticoid receptors that
have been down regulated due to chronically elevated levels of cortisol. Bupleurum falcatum supports adrenal
recovery and normalization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) system by promoting the release of
adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), which is responsible for maintaining the normal size and function of the
Stress induced elevations of catecholamines and adrenaline-induced hyperglycemia can be modulated by
Magnolia officinalis, Panax ginseng and Rehmannia glutinosa. † While the primary benefit of plant adaptogens
is the ability to restore healthy, balanced adrenal gland function by supporting normal hypothalamic-pituitaryadrenal (HPA) axis function, the effectiveness of these adaptogens is in large part also due to their ability to
protect and promote the recovery of neuro-cognitive, neuromuscular, cardiovascular, glycemic, hepatic,
thyroid, gonadal and immune system health. †
AdrenoMend™ may be a useful dietary supplement for individuals wishing to support healthy adrenal function
with this unique blend of ingredients.
‡These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules • Servings Per Container 60
- each vegetarian capsule contains:
- A Phytocrine™ Proprietary Blend955 mg
- Proprietary Blend containing no less than 200 mg per 4 capsules for each of the following: Schisandra chinensis (fruit, standardized to 2% schisandrins),Bacopa monnieri (aerial parts, standardized to 20% bacosides), Rhodiola rosea (root, standardized to 5% rosavins and 1% salidrosides), Eleutherococcus senticosus (root, standardized to 0.8% eleutherosides),Magnolia officinalis (bark, standardized to 5% honokiol), Rehmannia glutinosa (root), Bupleurum falcatum (root), Panax ginseng (root, standardized to 3% ginsenosides), Coleus forskohlii (root, standardized to 1% forskolin)
- Sensoril® Ashwagandha Extract125 mg
- ( Withania somnifera , root and leaf extract, standardized to a minimum of 10% withanolide glycoside conjugates and 32% oligosaccharides)
- Other ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule), cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, vegetable stearate and silica.
- Sensoril® is protected under US Patent 6,713,092 and is a trademark of Natreon